US Powerball Jackpot won
US lotteries are amongst the biggest and hence most popular ones in the world. One lottery that regularly hits the news is the US Powerball.
Over the recent weeks the US Powerball jackpot rose to a staggering $2.04bn and on Tuesday, 8 November 2022 one lucky ticket indeed managed to win it. This is now the biggest jackpot win in lotto history.
Why was the jackpot so high?
The chance of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292.2 million. So you really need to have lady luck on your side and a lucky hand in picking your 6 numbers. The US Powerball regularly pays out big jackpot amounts. The last one was won on 3 August 2022 but since then were was no winner for 40 consecutive draws. This made the jackpot grew to the largest one in lotto history and hence attracted an increasing numbers of players.
What numbers were drawn?
The recent Powerball 5/69 draw should originally take place on Monday 7 November. But due to incomplete security protocols regarding tickets sales the draw had to be delayed and happened then at 8.59am EST on Tuesday 8 November.
The following numbers were the winning ones:
10, 33, 41, 47, 56
US Powerball winners 7 November 2022
One player with a ticket bought in California won the grand prize of estimated $2.04 Billions. This equals a cash value of $997.6 million. This player has now 60 days to make the decision whether to get the full amount in an annuity payment over 29 years or to rather take the cash value lump sump. Most winners usually opt for the latter.
But there are more winners jumping of joy today.
- Another winner with a ticket from Florida matched all 5 numbers and had also the Power Play option. Therefore this ticket wins a cash value of $2 million.
- Moreover 22 winners achieved a Powerball Match 5/5 and therefore can all enjoy $1million each.
As per Powerball the chances to win the jackpot are 1 in 292.2 Million (1 in 292,201,338 to be precise). Sounds like winning the jackpot is highly unlikely but now one lucky ticket from California managed to snap the jackpot.
The recent jackpot is world record breaking and as of now the largest lottery jackpot ever won.
But not only the ticket buyers get a win. Moreover there was a $1million Powerball bonus prize for business owner Joe Chahayed who sold the winning ticket.
About the US Powerball
The Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL) organises the US Powerball. The US Powerball gives you the chance to win big jackpot amounts 3 times per week. The draws take place every Monday, Wednesday as well as Saturday at 10:59pm EST at the Florida Lottery headquarters in Tallahassee.
Joining in is quite easy. Firstly you need to select 5 numbers between 1-69 (white balls) and then secondly pick a Powerball number from 1-26 (red balls). Hence overall you need to choose 6 numbers which are then hopefully your lucky ones. The Powerball number can be the same as one of the normal ones you picked which is what happened during the record breaking draw on 8 November 2022. Powerball bets start from $2.
The US Powerball has in addition a Power Play option. For $1 extra this gives you the chance to multiply your non-jackpot wins by up to x10.
Play the US Powerball from South Africa
Even so the big jackpot is now won the US Powerball is overall a very attractive lottery. If you fancy giving it a go then you can also join in from South Africa online. The US Power ball plays 3 times a week and you can join the action across many of the best SA betting sites. The following bookies are especially good for lotto betting:
Betting on the US Powerball 5/69 draws is simple. Simply follow these steps for your chance of winning.
How to bet on the US Powerball
- Register or login with your favourite betting site. The ones listed in the table above all have various lotteries in their portfolio. Make use of available bonuses such as a R25 free sign up bonus with Hollywoodbets or a 100% Deposit Match Bonus up to R3,000 at Yesplay.
- Go to the Lotto or Lucky Numbers tab
- Then search for the next US Powerball 5/69 draw. Often you find this lottery under popular or alternatively search by country and select United States
- Afterwards select the Powerball draw you want to join in. Go through the various betting options and select your market as well as your bet amount.
- Place your bet and cross your fingers for your lucky numbers to be drawn.
The US Powerball is not the only lottery you can play online. Try in addition the popular UK 49s, Go Sloto or the SA National lotteries. Lotto betting online is easy and big jackpots are waiting. Also try special offers such as Supabets SupaBillions or Betshack’s Mathatha Zonke.