Bet & Win’s main objective is to bring you a detailed overview of the variety of SA’s best online betting sites to the table. You can find all the information you need about the most reliable online bookmakers by clicking on the bookie’s logo or via ‘Read Review’. For more trusted bookmakers please also see our full bookmaker listing on Best Betting Sites.
How we review the best online betting sites in South Africa
We offer you thorough reviews and expert insights about the best online betting sites available in South Africa. Here are our main criteria for reviewing a bookmaker:
- New player offer and regular promotions such as ongoing bonuses, loyalty program and special offers.
- Odds and variety of markets: depending on your betting interests some bookmakers might be more suitable for you than others. While rugby, cricket and soccer are the top sports to bet on, additional options like eSports or lottery betting can be important to you. Hence our reviews evaluate the available betting offer in great detail.
- Additional services such as live betting and live streaming.
- Usability, layout and mobile friendliness: Bets are often placed on the go and hence the betting experience should be convenient. Therefore, a mobile friendly, fast loading betting site together with easy navigation and fast access to betting markets is important.
- Payment options: Every punter has a different preference and we have tested all listed bookmakers’ offering for deposit and withdrawal methods. Most feature a variety of banking methods to meet the needs of their customers. Ideally, we all want payment processes, but especially payouts, to be instant, hassle-free and 100% safe.
- Customer service: a great customer support team is essential for having a good experience. We take into account their availability, provided support methods as well as friendliness, helpfulness and knowledge.
- Safety, reliability, and reputation: We only list betting sites that are complying with the SA betting law and are fully licensed. Licenses are only granted to companies that have passed strict rules and terms and conditions and therefore ensure fair and responsible gambling, player privacy and secure money transfers. By choosing one of the betting sites listed you know you place your bets at a safe and trustworthy site.
Latest South African Betting News
Is betting legal in South Africa?
The South African sports betting and lottery industry is legal and regulated under the National Gambling Act of 2004. Introduction of gambling legislation into the law, saw the creation of several regulatory and control organizations in the country. The primary responsibility of such organizations is to ensure safety in the industry. As well as to uphold and maintain the image of the South African gambling industry on a global level. Sports betting operators require a valid license to operate in the country. Such licenses are issued by the Provincial Licensing Authorities, one per province. You can find more details on betting law and related topics on our Betting Law page. We have also created a few useful and strategic tips to ensure your online betting safety.
How online betting works
Some punters might be very familiar with the do’s and don’ts of betting online. If you are new to it, we will try to give you a helping hand. To get you started we offer a variety of articles in our betting strategy and tips section. Our reviews will also support you to decide where and on what you want to bet.
Here are a few things you should look for when opening a new betting account:
- Information needed to validate a new account
- Minimum deposit requirements
- Variety of payment options – is your preferred method available?
- Options to withdraw your winnings
- Are there any payment fees charged?
- Rules for your individual bets
- Overall fair Terms & Conditions
BetGames and Live Games
These days the best online betting sites do not only offer you sports and lotteries to bet on. Most online bookmakers have expanded their games portfolio into BetGames and Live Games for an even more exciting experience.
BetGames are live lucky draw games that combine traditional fixed odds betting with lottery and live dealers. These innovative games, including Lucky 6, Lucky 7 and Wheel of Fortune play every three to five minutes and offer easy, instant winning opportunities from as little as R1.
In addition you can play Live Dealer games by award-winning game supplier Evolution Gaming on most online betting sites. The Live Games content is very varied, ranging from Game Show games such as Monopoly Live to Dreamcatcher and the thrilling Lightning games range. The latter includes games such as Lightning Roulette or Lightning Dice.
Both BetGames and Evolution Live Dealer Games are fully licensed in South Africa and hence playing these games is safe and legal. Please be aware that any other casino games content is currently not legal and you should hence refrain from playing with operators that do not have a South African gaming license.
Betting on the go, whenever and wherever we are, is getting increasingly popular. Therefore, a mobile-friendly fast loading site is mandatory for accessibility and a great betting experience. More and more sportsbook operators now offer betting apps to really cater for their customers.
We South Africans love being out and about but don’t want to miss out on watching a certain rugby or soccer match. Many sports betting sites offer you live streams. Additionally, live betting makes placing bets possible after a game has started. Even if you have missed your bet before kick-off, you can jump into the action later on. Not all online sportsbook sites offer this feature yet and we highlight relevant bookmakers.
Find your best online betting site today!
There is no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to choosing the right online betting site. Each site has its pros and cons and it all comes back to your individual preferences. Our team has put together extensive reviews to support your research so that you can make the right choice. Go through our list of Best Betting Sites, compare and then pick the one that feels right.