Reading the reviews of our top picks for soccer betting sites will help you choose your preferred bookie. All these sites are licensed in South Africa and some offer great bonuses simply for signing up.
How to bet and win on soccer matches
While we would like to give you a fool-proof way of winning at soccer betting, the truth is there simply isn’t one! But do not despair. By following a few top soccer betting tips, you can maximize your winning chances on most bets. Easily the most important, is to do research before betting. Review statistics on previous and recent matches – links to this information is usually available from bookies’ websites. Make rational choices, instead of betting on impulse. While you might end up getting lucky at times, this is also way to lose money. Keep track of your spend by keeping a record and review it from time to time. This will give you a great indication of your overall profit and loss situation and may help improve your betting decisions over time.
Latest Soccer News
Most popular and common soccer bets
Some of the more common bets include:
- Match Result – also known as 1×2 or Home-Draw-Away betting is arguably the most common bet on a soccer or football match. Quite simply, this is a bet on the match result or which team will walk away a winner.
- Correct Score – slightly more difficult but equally popular due to slightly longer odds. Correct Score says it all, guess the score correctly for the end of the match.
- Both Teams to Score – also known as BTTS, this bet is a prediction on both teams scoring or not, a goal during the match.
- Accumulator – a bet on a combination of markets and correctly predicting a set of outcomes during a match or tournament. Since the chances of winning this bet are slim, it has long odds. And so, winning an accumulator would see you securing a decent prize.
- Anytime goal scorer – can you correctly predict that a named player will score a goal during the match? This bet is a winner if your named player does so at any time.
Popular Soccer Leagues to bet on
Internationally a great variety of soccer leagues exist that attract a great following. We have listed a few of arguably the most popular leagues attracting hard core fans globally and contributing to overall sports betting revenue.
- English Premier League (EPL) – the highest level of English football with Manchester United F.C. achieving the most championship wins since the league was founded in 1992.
- La Liga – highest men’s professional division of the Spanish football league with Real Madrid C.F. currently holding the title for most championship wins.
- Bundesliga – the highest level of German football with FC Bayern Munich scoring the most championship wins since inception.
Domestically, the South African Premier Soccer League (PSL) attracts a great multitude of fans and is a popular soccer bettor’s choice too.
Soccer betting predictions
While the internet is littered with soccer betting prediction tools, our best advice is for you to do your own research on previous match statistics. Follow the sport and make informed betting decisions. We will publish betting strategy guides from time to time, so be sure to keep a lookout for these.
Soccer live streams and live betting
Live-in-play betting is available with most bookies today. Bringing a greater excitement factor to betting entertainment, bets change and more become available with the progression of a match. A few online betting sites also offer live streaming of matches for you to follow the match in real time from virtually anywhere. Review our picks of the best soccer betting sites in South Africa, at the top of this page, for more details.
Virtual Football and Soccer
A big trend over the recent months are virtual games. Virtuals are simulated games that are based on real sport events. One of the most popular virtual sports is soccer. There are currently a few really good games available for SA bettors, including Virtual Soccer by Jika Sports and Virtual Football by Globalbet. All of them satisfy with excellent graphics and a big variety of betting options.
Aside from soccer you can also enjoy virtual basketball, virtual tennis, virtual horse racing or greyhounds and even camel racing. The amount of games seems to be sheer endless. For a detailed review of the best virtual games and other fun live games with great betting options have a look at our games section.