How to play the UK49s in South Africa
With the latest hype about the biggest jackpot ever on the US Powerball, playing the lottery has seen a rise again. One lottery that we South Africans have loved for a long time is the UK49s.
In this guide we have a look at how to participate and win in the UK49s lotto draws and recommend the best lotto and lucky numbers betting sites to join the fun.
About the UK 49s
The UK49s is one of the best and most popular lotteries of the world. Its beginnings go back to 1994 but even today it hasn’t lost its attraction to date. The abbreviation UK comes from United Kingdom while the number 49 refers to the amount of balls in each draw. There are draws twice a day every day of the week and hence you can join the lotto fun nearly whenever you want.
Draws and times
The 2 draws are called UK 49 Lunchtime as well as UK 49 Teatime and play at the following times every day:
- UK 49 Lunchtime Draw: daily at 12:49 pm UK time
- UK 49 Teatime Draw: daily ay 17:49pm UK time
No need to worry regarding the time zone. All betting sites have usually a countdown clock to show you which draw is next and how much time until it starts.
How to Play
You might have guessed it. There are 49 balls involved in this 6/49 lottery, which are labelled with numbers 1 to 49. In every draw 6 numbers plus a bonus ball which is also called the “Booster” is drawn, hence a total of 7 balls.
Therefore you firstly have to decide if you want to play with or without the bonus ball and then pick your numbers accordingly.
Moreover the balls have different 7 colours: green, red, orange, yellow, brown, purple and blue. Here is an overview about which numbers have which colour:
- Green: 1, 8, 15, 22, 29,36, 43
- Red: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, 37, 44
- Orange: 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 38, 45
- Yellow: 4, 11, 18, 25, 32, 39, 46
- Brown: 5, 12, 29, 26, 33, 40, 47
- Purple: 6, 13, 20, 27, 34, 41, 48
- Blue: 7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49
One reason why the UK 49s is so popular might be the huge variety of betting options you have online. While you can play the classic way and either select 6 numbers based on your lucky numbers, hot and cold numbers or even via quick pick you might not want to bet this way.
Therefore you have many other betting options including the following:
- Number of balls: choose 1 ball, 2 balls, 3 balls, 4 balls, 5 balls or 6 balls
- Even or odd – will there be more even than odd balls or vice versa? Moreover you can bet on the actual amount of balls with either even or odd number (e.g. less than 3, exactly 3, more than 3). In addition you can bet on the overall draw sum being even or odd.
- First Ball Single Digit – yes or no.
- First Ball Colour – will the first drawn lotto ball be green, red, orange, yellow, brown, purple or blue?
- Unlucky numbers: pick the number(s) you think will not appear
- Bonus ball bet only: decide if the bonus ball will be low or high, odd or even or single digit.
- Drawn Sums: aside from the total sum being even or odd you can also bet on if the sum of drawn numbers falls within a specific range or over/under a specified total.
The various betting sites all offer you different betting options. Therefore have a look at the bookies below and see which one you prefer for your UK 49s betting.
Odds, Prizes and Jackpot
The various betting options have different odds which hence influence your potential winnings.
The UK49s draws have no fixed winning prize. They are fixed odds lotto draws. Therefore it doesn’t matter how many people participate in each draw, but the payouts are purely based on the odds for your placed bet. Therefore we recommend you have accounts with various bookmakers. This allows you to see which betting site has the best bets and odds for each 49s draw.
The UK 49’s jackpot is depending on the bookies’ odds. There are no rollovers such as in the US Powerball or others and hence for every draw the prizes stay fixed.
Where to bet on the UK 49s
The following betting sites all offer lucky numbers betting and moreover have the UK 49s Lunchtime as well as UK 49s Teatime draws in their lotto betting portfolio:
As mentioned above it’s worth shopping around and having accounts with different bookies. So check out brand-new GiantLotto or longstanding bookies such as Hollywoodbets, Betway, bet.co.za or YesPlay. Compare the offers, then decide which lotto betting sites you want to place your 49’s bet with.
UK 49 results
The UK teatime and lunchtime results are available immediately after each draw. Visit the results page of your chosen bookie.
Betting on the UK 49s Lunchtime or Teatime draws is easy. Simply follow these steps for your chance of winning.
- Register or login with your favourite betting site. The ones listed in the table above all have the UK 49s in their lottery draw portfolio. Make use of available bonuses such as a R25 free sign up bonus with Hollywoodbets or a 100% Deposit Match Bonus up to R3,000 at Yesplay.
- Go to the Lotto or Lucky Numbers tab
- Then search for the next UK 49s draw. Often you find this lottery under popular or alternatively search by country and select United Kingdom
- Afterwards select the UK49s draw you want to join in. Go through the various betting options and select your market as well as your bet amount.
- Place your bet and cross your fingers for your lucky numbers to be drawn.
Yes, you can play online at various SA betting sites. Have a look at Bet&Win’s detailed guide which features all bookies who offer you to bet on this lottery.
The lunchtime draw happens every day at 12:49 UK time.
The teatime draw takes place every day at 17:49 UK time. Bets can be placed until shortly before the draw time.
You can bet on the UK 49s Lunchtime and Teatime draws at the best betting sites in South Africa. The payout depends on your selected betting option, odds and stake.
The UK49s is around since 1994 and the lottery prides itself for its integrity, transparency and procedures. All draws happen in a secure UK studio, are overseen by 3rd parties and constantly monitored. If you moreover place your bets with a trusted SA lotto betting site you can enjoy trustworthy lotto betting online.
Uk 49s – Final Verdict
The UK 49s Lunchtime and Teatime draws are great lotto draws and nearly a must for everyone who loves lucky numbers betting. Various bookies give you the option to join the fun. Select your favourite from the list and give it a go. There are many other lucky number draws available including various GoSloto draws as well as our own South African National Lottery draws.