Refer a Friend Betting Offers
There is nothing better than watching great sports with good friends. Wouldn’t it be great if you could also share the betting excitement? A few bookmakers offer special ‘Refer a Friend’ bonuses. So, if you have a couple of mates who are not yet playing with you on a certain bookmaker you like betting with then these offers can be a great way for both of you.
In this article we have put together the currently available ‘Refer a Friend’ promotions across the best betting sites in South Africa.
Betting referral promotions
As you can see from the below table there are quite a few online betting sites that feature a Refer-a-Friend offer at the moment. On most of them you as the referee will get a bonus (for example with the Hollywood Bets Refer a friend offer) but others such as WSB and GG Gaming reward both you and your friend.
|Bookie||Refer a Friend offer||Claim it!|
|R50 Refer a Friend bonus||Visit Playabets|
|R50 bonus for you & your friend||Go to WSB|
|R30 bonus for you & your friend||Go to GG Gaming|
|R50 for every friend you refer||Visit YesPlay|
|R50 Refer a Friend bonus||Visit Hollywoodbets|
|R50 Refer a Friend bonus||Go to Massiv Bet|
|R50 Refer a Friend bonus||Visit Supabets|
Other bookmaker such as Betway do not offer a refer a friend program but on the other hand welcome any new player with a free sign up bonus. Betway is not the only one and there are quite a few other bookies that currently do not feature a referral promotion, including bet.co.za, Palacebet and MG Sports Betting.
How to Refer a Friend (RAF)
There are some differences in the set up of the betting referral program and bonus conditions per bookmaker but in general the following steps apply when inviting your friends to bet with you online:
- Invite your friend to join you on your preferred betting site. This can be done directly via your bookmaker account or on site. The invite usually goes via email or SMS so you need to enter your referral’s email address or phone number. Make sure that your friend signs up via the respective link for you to benefit.
- Your friend gets the invite, loves the betting site and signs up.
- Your friend follows the bonus rules which often imply account verification and a first deposit.
- You receive your RAF bonus directly in your account – and if it’s part of the offer your friend does too. Please check the T&Cs of the refer a friend bonus for each bookie before inviting your mates.
There are usually no limitations regarding the number of friends you can invite. Therefore, if you enjoy playing at a certain bookmaker why not tell your friends and share the betting fun. With some bookmakers you will both be rewarded with a free betting bonus – double win win. Or as they say, sharing is caring.
A few general rules to keep in mind:
- You (the referee) must have an active, FICA’d account with the betting site you want to refer friends to.
- Your friend (the referral) does not yet have an account with this bookmaker (and never had one in the past).
- Ensure you invite your friend via the respective refer a friend form and/or that your friend uses the right link.
- Your friend must usually comply with certain criteria. Hence, after successfully registering and verifying (FICA) his/her new account there is usually the need to make a first deposit and wager it before the referral reward is credited to you or both your accounts. The required amount might vary as do the T&CS of the offers. Therefore, familiarise yourself with the requirements beforehand.
- The refer a friend bonuses have usually wagering requirements that you need to meet before you are able to cash out any winnings.
- Betting and gambling can be addictive for some. Therefore, do not invite friends that might have a problem as betting and gambling should be fun and done responsibly.
Other offers to share with friends
Some bookmakers go over and above ‘Refer a Friend’ rewards. Lately a couple of betting sites allow you to share bets with your friends or even gift bets.
Gbets’ brand-new feature ‘Gift a Bet’ has just been added onto their site. You decide on a bet, pay for it and gift it to a friend. This is not just a nice gesture but in general an excellent way to share the fun of betting with your friends. To find out more about this offer and others have a read through our dedicated Gift a Bet article.