Here For Her 2023
SuperSport is a leading sports broadcasting network that operates across various African countries, providing viewers with the latest updates, news, and live coverage of various sports events. The network has become increasingly popular among sports enthusiasts, who are always eager to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in their favorite sports.
In this article, we will focus on SuperSport’s Here For Her initiative. This initiative is geared towards promoting women’s sports and providing greater visibility to female athletes. Which we are more than on board with!
Here for Her Initiative 2023
SuperSport’s here for her initiative was launched in 2020, with the aim of promoting gender equality in sports. Therefore encouraging more women to take part in various sports activities. The initiative is part of SuperSport’s broader commitment to promoting inclusivity and diversity in sports. With a particular focus on women’s sports.
One of the main goals of here for her is to increase the visibility of female athletes across various sports and provide them with greater recognition for their achievements. Through this initiative, SuperSport hopes to inspire more women to take part in sports. And therefore pursue their dreams of becoming professional athletes.
In addition to promoting female athletes, here for her also seeks to raise awareness about the challenges that women face in sports. Also to show the important role that sports can play in empowering women and promoting gender equality. Here for Her Initiative is committed to providing greater access to sports. For women and girls across Africa alike! With a focus on promoting grassroots sports development and giving support for young athletes.
Lined up for 2023
One of the key events that here for her will focus on this year is the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup. Australia and New Zealand will be hosting. SuperSport will provide extensive coverage of the tournament, with a particular focus on the African teams that will be competing. Through this coverage, SuperSport hopes to raise awareness about the growing popularity of women’s soccer and to promote greater investment in women’s sports across Africa.
Some of the other events and tournaments lined up still for 2023:
- Vitality Netball World Cup in Cape Town from 28 July 2023 to 6 August 2023.
- WXV: A new women’s rugby tournament starting in October 2023. The Springbok Women beat Madagascar and secured the Rugby Africa Women’s Cup Division 1 2023 title. Thus confirming their place in the WXV 2 and will be joining Scotland and Japan in the second level. Have a look at our article – WXV: Revolutionising Women’s Rugby – for all the details.
Events so far in 2023
Some amazing events and results have occurred in Women’s sport this year. Some of these events have been covered by Supersport. Here we list some of them:
- T20 Cricket World Cup – Women Proteas came 2nd: The Proteas can hold their heads high after this performance. They played brilliantly as a team and individuals. The women’s game is definitely growing a lot quicker than expected and the Proteas Women’s team continue to inspire the younger generation of girls to play such a great sport. Have a look at our article on the Protea Women’s Cricket team.
- Sevens Series Challenger 2023 – Springbok Women won the series: The South Africa Springbok Women won the World Sevens Challenger Series to secure their spot in the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series for next season.
- Africa’s first female professional rugby player – Babalwa Latsha: This Springbok prop became Africa’s first professional rugby player and says athletes “can really change the world”. She is a massive inspiration and motivator for young and old. Babalwa is currently playing for the Harlequins and is also part of “The Unstoppables” which is a #tryandstopus campaign to fast track the development of women’s rugby in Africa. For more details have read through our article – Africa’s first female professional rugby player – Babalwa Latsha.
We are looking forward to Supersport broadcasting all these events. And therefore placing the spotlight on the Here For Her Initiative 2023 even more. With rugby turning 200 years in 2023, World Rugby have also introduced WXV and are making further decisive steps to advance the sport.
Due to the success of the Women Protea Team the CSA have launched a domestic women’s cricket league in August 2023.
Here for Her Initiative 2023- Conclusion
In conclusion, SuperSport’s Here For Her is an important step towards promoting gender equality in sports and giving greater visibility to female athletes across Africa. Through this initiative, SuperSport is committed to promoting greater inclusivity and diversity in sports. Also to providing more opportunities for women and girls to participate in various sports activities. As we look forward to the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup, we can expect SuperSport to provide large coverage of the event, and to continue promoting the importance of women’s sports in Africa and beyond. They will also be covering the Netball World Cup and the new WXV tournament we are sure.
Some of the Best Betting sites for rugby are bet.co.za, Fafabet, Supabets, Betway, Hollywoodbets, Gbets and bet.co.za. So Fafabet had a great promotion named Fafabella earlier in the year. The promotion ran around Women’s Day which was great. Perhaps we will start seeing more promotions and competitions from online betting sites based around women’s sport as well. As and when they do we will be there to cover these promotions and updating you accordingly. With 7 months of the year left we are sure to still see plenty of the Here For Her Initiative 2023.