First Person Live Games
Live Casino Games are seeing increased popularity. These games are as close as it gets to being in a real brick and mortar casino. Due to advanced technology the thrill and excitement of the real casino environment is transfered directly onto your device. One new development are first person live games and we therefore have a closer look at these.
What are First Person Live Games?
First person live games are a new development by Evolution Gaming. All first person titles are based on their highly successful live dealer content and tranformed into excellent random number generated (RNG) games. Using the same 3D technology as well as stunning graphics and animations first person live games are advanced version of standard RNG games. Compared to their live counterpart the first person games do not have a live dealer and there are no other players with you. These games are purely about you and are played from your perspective.
Available First Person Live Games
There are currently eight Evolution live games available as a first person version:
- Roulette Live First Person
- Lightning Roulette First Person
- Live Baccarat First Person
- Live Blackjack First Person
- Football Studio First Person
- Dragon Tiger First Person
- Dream Catcher First Person
- Mega Ball First Person
All first person games are following exactly the same rules as their live dealer counterparts. Therefore, if you are familiar with playing e.g. Live Dreamcatcher or Roulette Live then playing the first person version will be quite straightforward for you. Aside from having no dealer or live stream there are no differences – but some advantages for you as a player.
In our games section the Bet&Win team has reviewed the best live and number games currently accessible online in South Africa. The reviews also touch on the first person version where relevant.
The Evolution first person live games have a ‘Go Live’ Button. When you are clicking on it you will be automatically transferred to the matching live version and can start playing with a real dealer. The other way around, e.g. changing form Live Lightning Roulette to Lightning Roulette First Person, is currently not yet implemented.
One thing we are missing in the first person game titles are the option for demo play. While you also do not have this option in the live variants you can nevertheless watch the game for as long you want and in this way familiarise yourself with the gameplay before actually joining in. As the first person and live game are identical you could therefore get to know your chosen title in the live version before switching afterwards to the first person title. When trying a new game we also always recommend to start with smaller bets.
Why play these games?
First Person variants are a hybrid between the standard RNG version and live dealer entertainment. With these you are back to playing on your own against the computer – but with stunning design. While we really like playing with a dealer for the full on casino experience the first person titles are unique and have a few advantages:
- The gameplay is all about you and everything is visualised from your perspective.
- You are in full control of the game and can place bets at your own time. On live games the betting time is limited which can be quite stressful for novice players who try to get used to a game and then run out of time before being able to bet. More experienced players on the other hand might want to speed up their gameplay which they can do now. With no betting timer in place everyone can therefore bet at a pace that is convenient and customisable.
- No distraction: why the live dealer are often very informative and entertaining they can also be a distraction. Having the same immersive gameplay without the dealers can hence be a good option for some punters.
- Lower price tag: live dealer games are sometimes more expensive than RNG ones. While the difference might be small it sums up over hundreds of rounds. Therefore, if you play on a tight budget they can be a good alternative. In addition, the minimum bet of some games is half of their live counterpart. For example, the minimum bet on Lightning Roulette is R2 while the first person Lightning Roulette starts with R1.
- If you are limited by data you might tend to switch of the live stream and therefore play a reduced version anyway. Consequently you can play on your own from the start and customise the game as you wish.
Where to play
First Person Live Games – Final Words
First Person Live games are a fresh approach to spice up classic RNG games and we enjoyed testing these. They combine the best of two worlds and are great for novice and experienced players alike. You can play by yourself in exactly the same set up as the live dealer version and bet conveniently at your own pace. If you get lonely and miss other players or want a more immersive experience you can easily swap to the live dealer game. The ‘Go Live’ button allows for a very smooth changeover.
Overall, we definitely think it is worth giving first person live games a go and see them featured more and more prominently across the top betting sites. Remember when starting to play that gamble responsibly and bet with a licensed bookmaker (not an online casino). For an overview about the betting sites currently featuring first person live games please look at our bookmaker table above.