Betway Horse Racing
Betway SA has always been one of the best sport betting sites available in South Africa.
Now the extensive range of sports has been expanded as Betway has just added horse racing betting to its portfolio. In times where a lot of bookies have removed horse racing from their offering (or never offered it in the first place) Betway brings the horses in. Betway really is a superb bookie!
Bet on the Horses with Betway
Start betting on horse racing is easy with Betway. To access the meetings and races click on the Horse icon on the Betway site or go directly to www.betway.co.za/horseracing. Betting start from only from R1.
Betway has made the navigation of meetings and races very user-friendly and added 4 subcategories:
- Next off: upcoming races in the next hours
- Today: all races for today, listed by country
- Tomorrow: all races for the following day, also arranged by country
- Ante Post: list of upcoming major horse racing events including Aintree (Grand National 2022) or Cheltenham 2022. Compared to other bookies Betay has odds organised well ahead of time.
Finding a meeting is therefore quite straightforward. And so is the betting itself due to a very clearly and well laid out betslip.
Betting markets and odds
With Betway you can bet on the race winner but also place additional special markets bets on some races, including Top 3 Finish, To Finish 2nd or Insurebet – 3 Places.
It seems that the current offer will be expanded soon. Forecast/Tricast is currently visible but greyed out. Hence, we expect exotic bets such as trifectas to become available in the future.
When comparing Betway’s odds with other bookies they are quite competitive. As always it’s worth checking against other bookmakers but from what we have seen so far Betway is good.
A few additional important notes:
- A 6% winings tax will be applied to all horse racing winnings as per government regulation.
- Combining horse racing bets with other sports bets is not possible but you can build a multi-bet betslip for horse racing.
Betting on mobile and app
Horse racing is available across all devices. So whether you want to place your bets on your desktop or smart phone mobile devices you can. You can also bet on the horses via the Betway app.
Yes, since November 2021 punters can now bet on the horses at Betway SA.
Horse racing betting at Betway is very easy:
1. Register or login to your Betway account
2. Click on the horse racing tab
3. Find a meeting or race you want to bet on
4. Select your market and enter it to your betslip
5. Enter your stake amount
6. Submit your bet
Betway’s horse racing betting is available across all devices and also in-app.
Yes, you can bet on horses via the Betway app.
Betway Horse Racing offer verdict
It has taken Betway a while to launch horse racing as a betting market, but as they say, good things come to those who wait. The offering is great for new and casual bettors as well as serious punters alike. When reviewing the odds Betway’s offering is definitely competitive and one to consider.
Overall we are very happy to see horse racing being added to Betway’s betting markets, with betting available on national and international races.
Please also have a read through our Betway bookmaker review where you find detailled information about the overall betting offer, promotions and more.